Mk1 Glass question

Thanks... I was just curious as to what was going to hurt more if I screw up.

Again I am not out to destroy anything.  I am just thinking worst case
scenario I am prying on the bracket... and I slip or pry the wrong way
and hear that cracking sound.  Or it slips and I gouge the gasket.

I did get the louvers off, but I need the brackets now.  They seem to
be doubleside taped to the glass with a "hook" that goes inside the
gasket and around the edge of the glass.  I think a putty knife will
get the tape and I have to just manuever that hooked edge off.

There's a lot of small rust spots on the car but it doesn't seem to be
terrible anywhere.  I haven't seen anything underneath at all.