79 Scirocco in Tacoma saved (maybe) from the junkyard

Faithful,
       I have purchased semi legally a 79 Scirocco that has a title
issue that needs to be straightened out.  It's the one on Vortex that
went down to $250 as a parts car.

It really isn't in all that bad of shape.  There is a little rust on
the body panels.  But underneath looks pretty good.  The engine looks
really good and the tranny has been rebuilt recently.  (5 Speed)  The
dash is friggin perfect!  It's had a dashmat on it since the car was
brand new.  (I have to get the velcro glue spots clean but that's
about it)

I have taken a few pictures that I will get on photobucket in a few.

I intend to clean it up and remove the louvers, possibly swap the
speedo out with the Callaway's.  (the 79's is a 100mph and the
callaway is an 85mph)

I would like interested parties to look at it and if it is salvageable
I will do my best to clear the title.  (mechanic's lean is my bet)  If
not I will take requests for parts to strip before I send it to the
junkyard.  This is a 1.7 I believe with 170k on it but it drove
decently.  The brakes are shit, the exhaust is crap, and the shift
linkage has issues.  Front glass is spiderwebbed pretty good.  I don't
think this car is beyond hope.  If it's worth messing with I would
like to get $250 out of it and nothing else.  I can store it for a
while and I will facillitate getting to someone however I can.

Look at the pics and let me know.

--
80 Scirocco Callaway Indiana Red
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy