[OT] 1990 Jetta

Jason F. Snow wrote:
> Ok guys, I got a strange one, when I put my defrosters on,
> my air condition kicks in. This is a problem, because the
> belt squeals like a raped chipmunk. The belt seems to be
> tight enough. Just another strange thing I guess.
> Any Suggetions?

Air conditioned air is dryer then ambient air. This is why most modern cars
use air conditioned air for the defrosters. Air being blown onto
condensation makes the condensation dissipate. Air dryer then ambient air
being blown onto the condensation dries it off even quicker. My RIP '03 MB
C230 did this and it could un-defrost any windshield in <3 seconds. Amazing.

I can't say for sure that a 1990 Jetta does this but it is a pretty safe bet
that it does. Try a new belt and make it nice and tight.

-Marc

'83 VW Scirocco California Edition
'84 VW Rabbit GTI Pickup Truck