need advice, beginning work on '84

Hello Katy, welcome to the list!

> For a while it was just a car that i took basic care of to
> get me from one place to another, but the longer i drive it
> the more i love it. I really want to start seriously fixing
> it up, and would like some suggestions about the first things
> to tackle.

Ah! the addiction is starting to creep on you...

We have several seriously addicted Scirocco nut jobs here too :-) Not me
tought, I can quit whenever I want to, honestly! ;-)

> its an '84 inline 4 1.8 wolfsburg edition.
> specifically, is there anything to work on to improve
> acceleration and general performance? its also getting some
> very minor surface rust spots- i plan to repaint soon, so is
> there anything i can do to stop the corrosion before i
> repaint? any advice for the beginning scirocco enthusiast
> would be much appreciated.
>                                             thanks,
>                                                    katy (if i
> send this the wrong way or something somebody tell me please-
> im not very tech-sauve)

We are "not very tech-sauve" friendly here. :-)

Please book the first week-end of June for the yearly Cincy GTG. We'd love
to see you there.

Pictures of your Scirocco would be welcome as well, no matter what stage of
rebuild it is, we don't judge the cars, we just love them!

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'97 A4 Q