From: Tonee Northam [mailto:pb3vr6@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:43 PM
To: Allyn; the list
Subject: RE: Rear Suspension Q

Thanks Al, they're down, now I'm soaking the lower bolts to get the 22
year-old rust off.

  I've got a spare set off of my mk4 incase I snap these. They're 5mm
longer but should work incase "of".

  Tonee

Allyn <amalventano1@tds.net> wrote:
  Remove upper nuts with car on ground.
Jack up by center of axle beam.
Springs will decompress as car lifts, and won't have enough compression
to be a problem (including on reinstallation - though you
may need another helper to guide the strut shaft through the towers).
HTH
Al