More gas tank stuff: No VW on Alldata?

Don, find a VIN from an 87-88 and swap it out with your, go to the dealer, get a new tank, swap VIN's back.

  Or just write NTSB or the likes, can't remember, and tell them your car will blow up if driven because VW knowingly will not replace a faulty gas tank.

Nate Mellom <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
  The gas tank discussion has my attention, as my fuel tank IS leaking
(although I haven't investigated where), my VIN falls within the
specified numbers on the recall notice (thanks Brett!!), and my car is
an '88. I tried to look it up on the Alldata page, but VW isn't listed
for recall notices or service bulletins. What the hell?
Also, is there any way of checking that the recall repair has already
been made? I'm assuming I can call the dealership, or is there someone
else (VWoA?) I need to contact?

Thanks,
Nate