Gas Tank Woes.

My gas tank was involved in the recall and someone had it replaced in
1992.  VW Stealership is checking to see if there is anyway to do it
again without an arm and a leg.

My tank is leaking along the seams apparently maybe on top but it
leaks as much with a full tank as it does with a half.  I don't smell
or see anything dripping when it gets to a 1/4 or less.

I ordered one from that last link someone threw up from APN.  It
showed up today bent to shit on the corners with the mounting holes.
I am friggin livid about it.  The cardboard box is old, thin,
apparently has been soaked with something, it appears to have been
through a warzone and there was nothing to cushing the tank and at
least two of the corners are bent past the welds... so do I try to
straighten it and risk a leak?  Nope.  Those bastards are going to fix
it.

I can take pics if anyone gives a crap.

Chris

--