rear view mirror adhesive?

> What is the best way to re-attach a rear view mirror to the glass.
> I haven't been impressed with the little two-part thing FLAPS sells.
> Brian

It's really the only way to go.

I've had better results by cleaning the windshield with acetone, and roughing the attachment portion of the steel part by
horizontally scoring it with a dremel cut-off wheel.  It also helps to gauge the amount you use, so you get it all the way to the
edge, all around, and possibly with a slight bevel around the edge - as seen here (well, without my 'addition al-la daun'):

http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/incoming/images/040529-151224-Z10.jpg

That one is still up there, even despite a few inadvertent attempts at removal with my head.

HTH
Al