Weekend Festivities

All,
    The weekend isn't over yet but I figured I would fill in on this
weekend's joy.

After my SOS and alot of help from Julie and Dan Bubb (In the immortal words
of the king..."Groan! I need more fiber!"  No I mean er... um... "thank you,
thank you very much uh huh") I got the Callaway started.  I charged the
battery and fired it up.  I taped off the infamous black with thin green
stripe wire that goes to A8 and everything ran just fine.  Go figure that
one.  Anyways I got the girls together for a family portrait to commorate
that they ALL started today--a first! and that the 85 is going to a new
home.  I am hammering out the final details on the deal, but she seems to
like this guy... she flat out ran like ASS when this Honda driver wanted to
hear her start, but she behaved for this buyer so I don't feel so bad.
There's some crackhead (literally...) that tells me everyday the car is DOPE
YO! and forgets that I told him the day before that I would
NOT take $1500, $1600, sixteen fittie, seventeen, seventeen fittie or
some "Rock" for the car.  For those of you that are offended that I would
make fun of him in such a way let me say that he's white.  I am not like
that anyway.

The Callaway is acting weird... idling ok... not great until I push the
clutch in and then it DIES.  I am thinking that something is misaligned to
cause loading on the engine with the clutch in... (gear doesn't matter)
Also I am smoking from what I think is the manifold area with the hood up,
and I am getting something that looks like ashes coming out of the exhaust.
I put my hand in front of it and it's minute specks of something metal.
It's pretty shiny maybe chrome flaking off from somewhere... I have no idea
but it doesn't bode well.

I drove it a couple miles and seems decent on acceleration but isn't
generating more than 1psi of boost when it used to be 6psi.  It isn't really
driveable at this point. needs tags and that whole idle thing.

I pulled my 160 speedo out of the 85 and I realized AFTER I got the steering
wheel back on (and put the 120 back in) I realized that I didn't put the
light bulbs back in.  F me running with a chainsaw.  I tried to keep busy so
I don't think about my father in law, or the other two relatives that are
gone now.  Since half of my tools came from him it's kind of hard not to.

Well enjoy the "family photo's"... I think I am going to drive the Callaway
to this old german dude I know so that he may lay hands upon it and it shall
be healed.  The metal flakes bother me but then again it hasn't started
since April... So who knows that's next week.

Chris

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/scirocco16vr32/Family%20Pics/S5030169.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/scirocco16vr32/Family%20Pics/S5030160.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/scirocco16vr32/Family%20Pics/S5030189.jpg