Glove box door replacment?

Anyone got tips/tricks/tech notes on how to swap a glove box door?

I put a new dash in my '88, and I want to move the "16v" glove box door over.

Clearly, I have to remove the spring wire from the old door and slip it in the
replacement door, but it seems like if you're not careful, you can break something.

| Jim Jarrett,McFarland, WI       2006 Golf GLS                 |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net          81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |
|                                 88 Scirocco  16V              |