4K vs. 2Y, not much difference?

I used Ron's excel sheet and data to graph the 4K vs. the 2Y in first
through fourth gears from 2000 rpm to 7000 rpm.  Since the only
difference between these two transaxles (other than fifth) is the ring
and pinion ratio.  This results in the lines being very similar.  As an
example, at 6000 rpm in first there is only 2 MPH difference and by the
time you are in fourth, at 6k, there is only a 7 mph difference.
Now the question, the data does not show a dramatic difference between
the two transaxles however; is there a real difference on the road and
in particular with a 2.0l 16V motor.
Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks, Rick.

As far as other differences, I do realize that the 2Y does have 100mm
axles and the drive shaft on 4th gear is stronger.