Monday report

'Twas an interesting weekend in my Sciroccoworld.
Friday evening was great fun, driving in the rain in dads PT Cruiser
to pick up a set of new wheels for the Red Baron.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2899043&postid=33258935#33258935
I finally upgraded from the various 14's  to a nice 15 with practicall
brand spankin' new tires.  They're an ET of 28 with looks pretty good,
but I still think the rear could use spacers to bring them out a bit,
since my 8v has the 16v bodykit.
Saturday dawned bright and cheery.  I was looking forward to working
with Dan to replace the rusty muffler on my car, and hoping to
fabricate up a neat-o exhaust tip.
The bummer was that my the end of the mid-pipe (a tt 2" alumized)
broke off inside the rusty muffler :(  It's probably time to upgrade!
Since that project was going nowhere, Dan suguested swapping out a
different WUR to see if it would help my cold start problem.  A lunch
and beer run later and it was basically done.  Really Dan did dmost of
that, I just provided the car that needed the work.
However, it could be said that my car sounds fairly bitchin' w/o a muffler.

Cheers,

GP
--
"Fatal mistakes rarely happen, but funny things often do"