Humidity killed my coil?

I've been having a terrible time with my 16v in periods of rain and high
humidity (I posted a while back).  Stumbling, bogging, and killing are
the major symptoms, I'm theorizing an ignition issue.  Last Wednesday, I
had to drive the car (my parents were in town, and borrowed my Quantum,
current DD).  It started and ran fine, until the rains came, then it
crapped out on the interstate.  I jumped it, eventually it started, then
died again 1/4 mile later.  It did it again, and then nothing.  I towed
it home, and was playing with it last night (it hasn't started since).
I checked spark (via my inductive timing light, hooked up to the coil
wire), and I got very a random spark pattern.  Shouldn't I have gotten a
fairly constant blink?  I checked spark at the #1 wire, and got nothing.
  I need to pull the coil (I assume there's a test procedure in the
Bentley), I plan on replacing the cap and rotor, and checking my spark
plug wires for resistance, etc, but I'm guessing my coil took a dump.
Agreed?
Ideas?

Thanks,
Nate