*hypothetical* CIS-E question

Well, no, there is no such thing as a dumb question:) As for making any
Scirocco a trouble free daily driver? Yeah, they can be pretty good if all
the worn out stuff has been replaced. Is it realistic to do that? Who
knows. (I'd say two of my two Sciroccos qualify in that department though)

My 16V/CIS-E car has run well for the last few years, after years of
trouble shooting/replacing what failed. I don't daily drive it though. So
what's wrong with your car as it stands? Replacing CIS-E with something
else on a car that's not running well just introduces another variable. May
as well tie into the list's advice and get that CIS-E running well and see
what happens from there I'd say.

Cathy, wishing for a "no more than two annual repairs" daily driver, bug
parts in her back seat awaiting installation at the moment :)