Good stuffs in next months Automobile

I wrote:
> I found myself researching the Canol Road today at work. See:
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canol_Road> and
> <http://dubsweater.com/canol.jpg>

Mk1/Mk2 Mark responded:
> That would be a pretty adventurous road trip - especially
> in a Scirocco! Speaking of road trips ,ever watch the TV
> series "Long Way Round"? Reading about Canol Road reminded
> me of it. <http://www.longwayround.com/intro.htm>

I've seen the entire series and read the book too
<http://www.amazon.com/Long-Way-Round-David-Alexanian/dp/B000BOH99A>!

A much better road trip is the Millennium Adventure
<http://www.jimrogers.com> which is detailed in the book Adventure
Capitalist
<http://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Capitalist-Ultimate-Road-Trip/dp/0375509127
> where the guy drives the world's only Mercedes-Benz GLK 'round the world
for 1101 days. I've read this book twice! My favorite part are the stories
about the crazy Chernobyl survivor Mercedes mechanic.

> I downloaded it and was so sucked into it that I pretty much
> watched the whole series back to back.  Made me want to do a
> similar trip of my own but from Canada to the tip of South
> America...

I'd love to but the fact that you still can't drive from Panama to Colombia
is dishearting. It's a dirty little secret of the Pan-American Highway that
the 54 mile Dari?n Gap must still be bypassed via ship. :-(

Anyone want to calculate how many Sciroccos you can park on the deck of an
aircraft carrier?

-Marc

'83 VW Scirocco California Edition
'84 VW Rabbit GTI Pickup Truck