Poor Canadians

On 10:29 pm 10/16/06 Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>
> And compared to what Adam's building (52 gph)
> >  Daun's Cessna is also
> >  pretty economical at 10gph.
>
> Well more like 7.5-8.0 gph but who's counting?

My bad, musta been the Beech I was thinking of. Twin Stars still lose.

>  Wonder how much that C-5
> >  burns?
>
> Over 3200 gph.

Hmmm, at 55 mpg, how far could I drive for an hour's worth of US military
flying??? Coupla oil changes/ a few year's worth at any rate.
Am I doing that right? (damned Unibroue fogging my mind...) I get one hour
in a C-5 equals all that I've burned in 7 years of Buggin'. Holy shit. No
matter how I crunch that, it's turning out that way.
3200 USgallons/1.25=appx. 2560 Imperial Gallons
X55mpg = 140 800 miles
/ .60=appx.  234 666 kms
My odo now reads 230 000kms, car's a 1999. Mind you, those conversion
factors are ballparkish at best, but shit! Lobby for peace to save the
planet then. I watched that plane burn enough Jet A to keep me happy for
the year at least! (Or I should lay off the French beer?)
Can that be right????? Even at 30ish mpUSg in a Rocco it'd keep you happy
for a few days (if it was gas). Glad I'm not feeding that bird. Glad the
Maudite was cold.....
Cathy