master cylinder dead?

The whole reason I started messing with brakes was that they were pretty
light. Then the cables broke and I had to mess with them. I found the
shoes to be in decent condition but the pads were almost to metal. In
the process I broke a spring or two and decided to replace the springs
in the rear brakes for which there is a kit for. I lost one outer
bearing, washer, nut, locknut, and dustcap so I replaced both outer
bearings and got a new washer, nut, etc.. to replace the missing ones. I
found that both wheel cylinders were leaking so I replaced them too. I
just finished bleeding the brakes and while there was a bunch of air in
the rear there doesn't seem to be any air in the front lines. Someone
from england on a mmo I play (www.eve-online.com) suggested that the
reason my parking brakes weren't working could be because auto adjust
brakes rarely seem to work, so I went out with vice grips and pulled the
shoe with the adjusting wedge out until the adjuster moved. The parking
brake works now.

I took the thing for a test drive to see what was working and what
wasn't. I get to the first stop sign and I have to floor the peddle to
stop.

I have not checked the lines but I will try to do that tomorrow. I would
have today but I had a lot of homework and a 3 hour lab that really eats
up prime rocco working time. It is getting to crunch time for me on this
as I need to have a car registered for a parking permit by monday. I can
register a different car, but I can't use the other car for too much longer.

On a side note I can still bottom out the suspension by hand (kneeling
and pushing on the bumper). The shocks/struts are new, do I need springs
too?

	--Jacob Hawes
Cars:
	'80 Scirocco mk1 "Tuyere"