Buying Cars 5000mi away from home

Marc Getty wrote:
> There ain't much in Fairbanks, AK so Volkswagen of Anchorage (AKA Eero VW)
> sounds good to me! As much as I typically hate stickers placed on the back
> of cars by dealerships, I would be as proud to have a "Eero Volkswagen of
> Anchorage, AK" sticker on the boot driving around Philadelphia

That's an odd sentiment.  I have seen it before.

My quirky friend who drives a Lexus SUV simply called up the dealer in
Anchorage on a drunken whim and told them that he lost the (evil
permanent advertising ish get it off) license plate frames and that he
wanted to buy new ones.  The receptionist excused herself and went to
ask the manager who no doubt instructed her to send a pair of free ones
in the mail.  No charge, why would they?  The postage is nothing
compared to the supposed value of the exposure for their outpost as if
Minneapolitans who saw it would swarm there for their Lexus needs.

It's funny, I love social engineering but I don't want any advertising
on my car.  But if you do, feel free to try it.  You don't have to buy
there or drive there to wear the mark of the beastland.