OT:VW Toureg Pulls B747

On 9:40 pm 11/28/06 "LEF" <rocco16@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On city streets??   That was not a race at all, that was just driving
> fast. Races are held on tracks, with classes/rules that must be
> adhered to. The winner of a race is determined by many
> things....horsepower, not torque, is one of them.
>

> "Torque wins races" is quoted (erroneously, I might add) by the
> person whose car is lacking horsepower.  :)
>

> Are you aware of the relationship between torque and horsepower?

Yep, but as a side note, my TDI will whollop a 2L in the 1/8th. They DO
pass me in the quarter, but mine has less hp, more torque, and I know
gearing is another factor as well as where peak torque/hp is made but
there's one real world example of torque appearing to win the race. And
I'll take a torquey car as a daily driver any day of the week. (And I'm
pretty sure the person posting that is well aware of the relationship
between hp and torque) Torque makes the seat dyno happy too :)
Cathy