OT:VW Toureg Pulls B747

On 11/24/06, Mike Smith <smithma7@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/22/touareg-v10-tdi-tows-a-747/

We all gathered around and looked at the photos, read the article, (15,500
lbs of ballast, I bet the suspension wouldn't hold up to long!)  and my wife
said "Bah, that's nothing!"  She dropped the local paper in my lap, turned
to an article about a barn moving from the turn of the last century.  A
35x55ft post and beam bank barn was raised from its stone foundation (with
80 ton jackscrews) and rolled on hard maple rollers 330 feet across a field
to be added on to another barn.  The barn was pulled the distance by ONE big
Clydesdale.  Mind you, it took a week to do it with a block and tackle....

But this reinforce the fact that it's all about torque, the hell with hp...
:)

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd