Strut bearing replacement

I'm pretty sure I didn't say this:

2. Contrary to what Brian Haygood has written, you can NOT adjust camber

without affecting toe.

Of course I DID manage to say swap the terms "positive camber" and "negative camber", thereby making myself look like a total idiot - even to me.

I agree with Dan that camber changes will affect toe.  However, Andy was talking about replacing strut bearings, not lowering the car or anything else.  He should end up with the camber set back roughly to where it was to begin with.  Unless he chooses to do this the cheasy way - i.e. by not measuring anything, there shouldn't be a big difference in the camber he starts with and the camber he ends up with.  Hardly any camber change = even less toe change.

The idea of Andy's job was not to "adjust" camber as much as to set it back into place when you are done.  I could have been more clear on that point.

BH

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.