Ouch! $$$ Lesson learned about tires.

Well I thought I was pretty slick. I got some rims last year at Cincy. I ordered some H rated 195/60/14's from the tire rack. Both for a good price. Then had them mounted and balanced.  All ready to go and.....they rub.  The previous tires were 185/60/14's.  I had already switched them out for a set of T rated 4 season tires in 195/60/14 so I figured they'd fit just fine.  Well wrong. I forgot that the suspension on this scirocco had been lowered.  They rub on turning and bouncing.

I figured all 195/60/14's should be the same, but evidently they are some differences.  Looks like my Jetta got a new set of summer performance tires and I've got to go tire shopping again. 8-(  Even if there the same measurements looks like some have different tread width.

Lessons learned.

Later
David