16V Head Replacement Question

You're good to go with the 1.8 head on the 2L bottom end.  Many
people have a preference for this combo in fact due to the believe
that the 1.8 head out flows the 2L variant.  I'm not making that
statement, just repeating it.  However, the facts are that the 1.8L
intake ports are "better", while the 2L head exhaust ports are
"better".   "Better" in this case means larger and more well formed
(cast).

Anyway remember Amazing Dyno Stories?  [quick internet searching
commences]

Oh! oh, oh, is there anything better then referring to the younger
version of myself from almost 9 years ago?  Nope. :)

http://www.scirocco.org/list/archives/1997/June/msg00504.html

==Brett