[no subject]

Problem with it is the owner says it just suddenly stopped running one day
when he was on the freeway.  Moving along fine and then no power and all
dash lights came on (oil, etc).

He has tried to start it but it makes a "funny noise" when the starter is
engaged and it will not fire.  He says the spark plugs don't seem to fire,
but the coil is producing voltage.

I am thinking it is probabbly the timing belt.  Which means at freeway
speeds, and trying to get it going again, there are probabbly no good
valves left in the head.

Now I have a line on a good head very cheap, but it is from a 1.8.

So before I go and check it out and end up with another roc in the driveway
that does not run - it always happens that way :)  - I wanted to check if
there would be any issues with putting a 1.8L 16V head on a 2L 16v bottom
end?

Anything I should be aware of?  I am assuming the heads are basically the
same.  Same head gasket? Exahust, intake, etc?

TIA

 Cory