Car No Go

The car and I both just got a lovely ride in a tow truck to get home
tonight. I stopped for gas, filled up, then tried to start her up to leave.
It turns over and over but will never "catch" and start running. It's been
hard to start lately, takes a good 5-10 seconds to finally start up. Before
tonight, I could try for 2-3 seconds, turn the key to the "on" position
(before it started running), wait a second, then turn it to start again and
it would start much easier the second time. It also started fine whenever it
was warm. I know the "it just won't start" symptom is vague, but that's all
I have to go on right now. Ironically, this happened while I was looking at
a GTI I wanted to pick up as a daily. Maybe she's just jealous.
Nate