OG's out of the woodwork

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> I wjeas jusht goiny to typpae somethiiinrg l
> ike thhhaet.
> Cathy

That's it!  I had to dust off my ring to see what you
typed!

So while we're on the subject, I present a little snippet
of TMB at his finest, circa 2001:

ok, i gotta tell someone about this.

i end following behind a 92-style civic sedan that has
a crappy tire tip on the end of what sounds like a
completely unfiltered/unmuffled exhaust.  pure
straight thru.

couple of kids in there.  average joes.  the sedan is
basically stock but has a "performance unlimited"
sticker looking rather inconspicuous on the driver's
side skirt.

we pull left onto a major street, with them in the
lead, and me in tow.  i quickly turn the tables by
giving the loud pedal a bit of pressure.  nothing
crazy, just moving ahead, is all.

well, we both end up neck and neck at the lights, and
i notice that the guys are checking my jetta out.  my
jetta is dirty, and rusty, and it's lowered with 16",
and a non-descript exhaust tip.  she sounds throaty
tho...kinda like his civic, only better :)

anyways, i give the car some gas, and he returns the
favour.  he rolls up a little more from his hiding
spot behind my b-pillar, and i toast him with my tim
horton's xlarge cup o tea.  he grins, nods, and looks
forward.  i'm unsure if he took my toast as a note to
him that "i have this in my hand so i won't be
running", or what.  so, when the light goes green, i
light the tires up ever-so-gently, letting him know
that i'm up for a little dance.  i get off the gas a
bit so as to not run away from him right away.

he takes the hint, and i can hear the 1.8 start
screaming.  by the time he reached my front door, i
had already opened the throttle and let all 16 valves
begin their dance of death.

i could no longer hear the banshee whine of japan's
most common power plant, as my tach wrapped around to
7grand.  with tea cup and steering wheel in my left
hand, i quickly grabbed hold of the shifter and rowed
my 9A into second gear.  the tires let out a bit of a
shriek, and i emptied second on this once-innocent
member of the asian-auto squad.

by the time i let em taste third gear, his entire car
was visible in my rearview.  i got off the gas and
coasted down, sipping at the sweet timmy ho's nectar
all the while.

i ended up at the front of the next set of lights, and
my adversary pulled into the right hand turn lane.  i
toasted he and his cohort once again, and they rode
their advance turn green light off into the shadows of
shame and bewilderment.

the poor lads never saw it coming.

i hope that this will be a lesson to them that it is
possible for a car to look like hell, and still go
like hell.

skoolz out.

jason
the mad professor

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco                 '81 Scirocco S 16v to be?
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
'56 Cessna 172

Sponsored Link

$200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity -
Click now for info http://yahoo.ratemarketplace.com