A day that will live in infamy...

I am incredibly torn.  Someone called me about the 85 today, wanted to
see it, made the arrangements.  I disclosed everything that was a
potential problem on the car.  The gentleman had owned an 87 and had
always regretted selling it.  He's willing to give me the $1800 I am
asking for it if I install the half shafts myself.  I told him up
front that the boots were crapped up and that I was going to throw a
set of new half shafts in on the deal but I am too busy to mess with
it.  For an extra 100 or two I will make the time I suppose.

It is horrible to think of it going... I was sick to my stomach when
we made our verbal agreement.  (he wanted to hand me a check, but I
can't find the title--got mixed in with the long term storage stuff...
Applying for a lost title tommorow.)

And then he told me that it was going to his son.  His 17 year old
son.  I met him nice kid but I have serious reservations about handing
the keys to a car that will easily do 100+ mph to a teenager.   It was
obvious that he was bitten with the bug, and had sciroccoitis really
bad, so I don't believe it's a complete mistake selling it to someone
that has already fallen in love with it.  I just know that I wrecked
the first car I had, and If I DID have a car that fast when I was that
age I probably wouldn't be here now.

I kinda need the money as it seems the turbo on the callaway may be
shot (I should know more this weekend), and this would somewhat
appease the woman so she will leave me alone.

The R32 is finished being painted/cured so I pick that up tommorow.
Melancholy through as I feel like I am losing my best friend.

I did invite him to join the list if he does buy it...  I told him if
he told everyone WHOSE car he bought he would probably get tomatoes
thrown at him.  LOL

sigh.

Chris

--