symptoms of a plugged-up radiator?

T. Reed wrote:

> I'm moving to Arizona soon and since its typically a good 30-40 degrees
> warmer down there than Seattle, I've been thinking about whether my 16v
> has any chance of not overheating at every stoplight.

Seattle to Arizona.  With summer approaching.  The change will be quite
a shock!  But I've been here 2 years now and love it (exiled from
SoCal).  Where are you moving to?

My 'roc runs hot as hell here in summertime, with the coolant temp
needle hovering very close to the max mark anytime I sit in traffic,
despite the car being in very good health.  I tend to not drive it a lot
when the heat really bears down (June-July-August-Sept) mostly for this
reason.  I don't think you'll overheat but it will run very hot,
especially with the AC cranking (and don't even think of driving in the
summer months without it, unless you've moving to somewhere at altitude).

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ