From: "Brian McGarvey" <bmcgarvey@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:29 PM
Subject: Re: GRM report...was:Re: Mixture question

Yep thats it..
and is it any worse that putting a TV in a car... or a turbo in a mk1
or the other hundreds of mk1 race cars.. racecars..and before people
start bitching .. look at your own car first.. I honestly debated
buying it.. for just this reason the 3 people that own mk1's this will
be my third.. think they are better than mk2's.. its the same damn car
with 8" on the front, better seats and AC. I like the mk2's better
because they have AC, a 16v, and don't rust... I havent had a chance
to crawl under the car.. Julie remember when I told you about the rust
on the rear trailing arm.... and what I did for you in your time of
need.

Just so you know even if I parted the car out.. completely its worth
300 for motor
150 for tranny
200 for suspension and tires
200 for zender kit
100 exhaust
100 if IM LUCKY and somebody will buy it for the "beautiful" shell..
I'm still down money.

If I spend 40@(normal mechanic helper rate not engineer rate) hrs of
my time and add $200 in parts I've spent more that the car could EVER
bring even if its perfect.

But all that being said. ONCE again.. I am going for concourse
points... not drag time.. If I want drag time I'll put a turbo V8 in
it. The auto-x will come with good drivers. The car will most likely
be forsale/trade right after the race.. so If you want it.. you have 5
months to get your ducks in a row....

Bigmac

PS. you have no idea what I had to hear to be able to buy this NON-Running car.
so IF you love MK1's get off your wallets....cause all in all they are
not worth squat.. I love roccos, but I KNOW how much they are
worth.,..