Diagnose This: Episode 1: Conclusion

Well folks, Timbo wins this episode of "Diagnose This!"

His wide range of knowledge reminded me of the most retarded thing VWoA
ever did, the exhaust restrictor on the VW Fox (how could we stand their
cheap brazillian car out running the jetta and golf? oh we cant, so we'll
just choke the exhaust down to .75 inches with a goddamn metal ring).

Regardless, VWoA are fucktards.  One removed restrictor, and one cat
hollowed out (it was fine, but I had it out...you think I would leave it?)
and I now have quite the zippy little Fox!

Timbo, thanks for the reminder, you rock bud!

She's not as fast as she should be just yet, but only 75 miles on a very
young motor, and I am finally *grinning*, I picked up 30-40 HP easy, no
joking (and realizing how BAD the front suspension is, time to slap the
lowering springs and new struts in).

So all those that thought clogged cat werent really wrong...choked exhaust
is choked exhaust...it just took someone that knows Foxes to remind me of

Your drunk friend, SALTY DOG!

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1979 Dasher Coupe 2.0 8v
1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1990 Corrado TDI
1990 Fox Wagon 1.6 Heron Head 8v
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)