Mixture question

On 7:17:22 pm 05/21/06 "Brian McGarvey" <bmcgarvey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cathy,
> Check your fuel pressure..or you may need to upgrade to larger FIs or
> a bigger fuel dizzy..
> bigmac

?????? It's a 1.8 dizzy, and the engine's a 1.8. And pressure's wonderful,
top of the spec. (new pump). But I want to dial in the mix, and wondered if
rich at idle's okay if it's at stioch otherwise. Vaccuum changes at idle,
so I'd assume mix does also. I haven't touched the mixture screw on the
dizzy at all at this point. So, why are you suggesting an equipment issue
here? Just curious, I'm sure there's room to richen it, I doubt it's topped
out or anything.
cathy