Diagnose This: Episode 1

Well, my Salty friend, welcome to Arschlaufen. The car runs like ass, and
not even good ass, am I right on this? It can be cured. :)

Here's what I did LAST, after checking and replacing the whole car pretty
near.

Down a cold beverage of your choice, I chose Sleeman's Cream Ale because it
comes in clear bottles which are shorter than Corona, and there's no need
for the messy lime. Rinse and repeat until you have four. Then at the top
of your lungs, scream "You mother(%#@*ing ungrateful car, you owe me better
than this". Then begin to sob. Loudly or softly, it does not matter. It may
have to do with the salt water reminding them of that one ocean cruise they
made from Germany long ago. Not sure about the Fox though...

Anyways, wait until you sober up, and use power tools of your choice to
affix those beer bottles to a rack-like arrangement of your own design. I
used wood and cable ties, and the result is very pleasing to the eye. This
rack, BTW, does not involve bras, so Katie can stay out of it. Use a
graduated cylinder to mark the volumes indicated in the Bentley, and
proceed to do the injector volume test. In my case, one of the screaming
little bitches was delivering a full 25% less than the other three. (and
all were doing just dandy at the "just lifted enough to flow" position, and
that's why I had a smooth idle and the exact symptoms you described under
demand) Then swap the bad one with the best good one to figure out if it's
the injector or distibutor, and correct the situation accordingly. Hope
that does it for you, it sure cleaned up Klaus' act, and his symptoms were
exactly as you described. Maybe the G grind/ Fox intake combo really IS
evil.....

And congrats on finding the compression, that's got to be a relief.

Cathy