starter question

How reasonable would it be to assume that I fried a new, rebuilt
starter by using the "engine jump" feature on my battery charger
a few times?  Basically the starter went in when I put the 16V into
the '86 and has gotten a fair amount of use in a very short time,
including the jumpstart feature, but nothing it shouldn't be able to
handle.  The other option, maybe more realistic, is that is was
just a crappy quality rebuild.
Any thoughts?

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

''98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-Now a 16V!
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic, 4 speed.- In the Rotisserie and under
restoration
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe