Does this correlate? (Air/fuel/smog ?...)

Thanks for the input, Dan - I'm sure it's possible. But since this car is, for
now, pretty much a smog whore, I would like to spend as little time and money
on it as possible!  :)  The K/S while necessary because of our crappy gas and
the 3A block, would be mostly a band-aid right anyway...

Believe me though - the thought has crossed my mind several times - mostly
every time I look at the engine bay and fuse box!  :-/

Maybe I'll just have to take it to my mechanic again and pay him. (although I'm
looking at a $2k-ish service bill on the M5 from him in a couple months....)

Thanks again - Jeff