To my supprise and horror...

I got to spend more than 8 hours at home on Sunday for the first time in 4
week and was surprised to see my partner in VW crime (Sean) had mated the
G-60 engine to the 4K tranny, re painted the engine bay (asshole PO painted
it black), installed wire loom from my 77 installed new motor mounts and put
the sucker in the engine bay of my silver 80.  What an awesome sight.
Then I was horrified when I saw how close the serpentine belt tension was to
the bumper support.  Might have 1/8" clearance plus this is with the motor
shifted all the way to the driver side.  Also started to mock in the Corrado
inter cooler, Volvo oil cooler and have no idea where to put a radiator.
Thinking the engine will have to come out so we can cut and grind on the
frame and weld in a new section.  Anyone recommend a engine bay set up?  Can
a Corrado radiator fit in there?  Do I have to go for an aftermarket
radiator and inter cooler?  I would post pictures but can not get to the
scirocco.org ftp site and photos are on home computer.

So been working in Reno since Tuesday and I was driving to get some lumber
and on my right I saw a red MK1 with 16" or 17" rims but had a monsterous
metal rice burner wing on the back.  It must have stuck up a foot above the
roof line.  I was happy to see a MK1 in such good shape but wanted to slap
the owner for that hidious wing.

Everyone take care and have a safe trip to Cincy.  Wish I was going to make
it but it will have to wait till I quit this job or we change the date of
the gathering to somewhere around November :)

--
Gordy
MK1 x 4