Arschlaufen has left the building....

On 12:32:33 pm 05/08/06 Ben <vwtype53@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Awesome news Cathy!  :)
>
> So, did you just try swapping in another used fuel distributor, or
> was it truely a NEW one?  In any event, I'm so happy that you have a
> nice running mk1 again!
> Whatever you do keep petrol in that tank!  ;)
>
> Ben

Yeah, well, I'm used to sort of vaguely thinking about fuwel at 800 on the
trip odometer, so Klaus and his 200 snuck up on me. I didn't even think of
it till I was chugging up a hill, and he smoothed out when I got on the
flat road. To late.

As for the distributor? You name a compound of iron or aluminum, it was
flaking off it. So, new to me, and working. But the car refuses to start
now, so it's all good. (I'm sure I sheared a wire when I did the speedo
cable)
:(
Cathy