spax springs

   well, just as suggested, i cleaned up my lowering springs a bit and
found out they were manufactured by spax. a quick search turned up mixed
opinions in the .org archives. i know nothing about these other than the
rears are part number 52945. i was told they came off a rabbit and, from
what i can find online, the drop can be anything from 1.5" to 2.75". i
know that lowering springs are progressive rate, but this photo seems
disproportionate:

http://home.wowway.com/~foxxinabox/vw/springs.jpg

   i have never had experience with aftermarket springs. is there
usually this much difference in spring height? i can't tell if they have
possibly been cut, as the finish on the ends appears questionable.
again, par for the course? the front seem to exhibit just as much size
difference, but that is based on memory as i don't have a spare one
handy for comparison.
   i don't know what i'll do with these springs. would they look and
function properly with stock 13" or 14" wheels and tires? should i just
toss 'em up on ebay and be done with it? i'm not unhappy with my
suspension setup as is, though a little more aggressive would be nice. i
won't risk it, though, at the point of being unsafe or appearing
lopsided. any information and opinions would be welcome. thanx.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com