PayPal Phishing

Actually it did have a link, www.paypal.com/confirm-pp4145570 where to log in and follow the instructions.

  The link could be renamed/set up as a paypal look alike, where you enter your login/password and then they login to your paypal account and buy 1000 pink flamingos. (theory)

  Ellen and I watch these emails closely anyway. But this is the first one I've gotten to be a scam.

Jean-Claude Desinor <desinor@sympatico.ca> wrote:
  Funny, they are not asking you to connect to the paypal site and
confirm anything?
I recently got something similar from Interac. I supposedly received
a payment from someone I do not know. It included a link to my bank to
proceed with the deposit. But I looked at the source of the message and
found that the link provided was not going to the bank.
I used http://www.netcraft.com to identify the site, forwarded the
whole thing to my bank.
Jean-Claude

Tonee Northam a ?crit :