  From: Jim Ruffi
  To: Scirocco-L
  Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:50 AM
  Subject: Oil change accident

  I worked yesterday and had to drive 60 miles in the evening for a band
  rehearsal.  With the miles piling up on my car, I decided to squeeze in a
  super quick oil change...

  ...Mahle filter and 20W-50 for the summer...change went quick.  Pulled out
  of the garage and over to the parking spot.  Went to put my truck back into
  the garage and what do I see?  About 1 1/2 quarts of oil in a nice line from
  the garage to the parking spot.

  Looked under the car and found that the rubber radiator "flap" had somehow
  gotten stuck between the filter and the housing.  DOY!  Now I'm running
  late.  Cleaned it up as good as I was able and hit the road (after adding
  more oil).

  I still have to try to clean the driveway.

  Jim