It's alive! My 16V conversion, pt 2

Well after a small, but surprising fire last night everything is fine.  But I
still couldn't get it to start without starting fluid(cause of fire in case
you
were wondering), run smooth and continue to run without at least half
throttle.
So today a set of new plugs because the ones in it seemed fouled and were
flakey on spark-good spark now.  No fuel from cold start valve.  After looking,
testing, swapping and putting 12V to the valve it is good and I discovered
where
two of the connectors go that I had been searching for some time.  The plugs
were hidden in the mess under the coolant outlet at the side of the
head.  Also
discovered the plug for the thermotime switch was on the wrong sensor. Well
now I also know where the "spare" sensor plug goes.  Hit the starter and
the cold
start valve sprayed fine.  Ok, put everything back together and fire it
up.  Sputtered
a couple of times and smoothed right out-No starting fluid, no touching the
throttle.
Well a little more messing around-no blinkers and the dash indicator light
just glows
and alt. light on continously and I should be in good shape, as I would
like to put a
few weeks driving on this motor before heading to Cincy.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

''98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 16V
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic, 4 speed.- In the Rotisserie and under
restoration
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe