(OT) Jetta coolant: where is it going?

If it only did it the one time maybe it was real low and when the thermostat opened it sucked in more.

Has it done it more than once.  The 1st time then after being driven I would count as one.

If it goes after being driven again then yea there's a problem.  Give it another drive and get it hot then get out and look for steam.  Maybe it's a pressure leak somewhere.

Good luck