what size are those nasty little bolts on the clutch?

Ok, I've got a 16v 1.8 block that's been sitting around I was going to get working on.  It still has the flywheel and clutch assembly attached.  I was going to mount it on an engine stand and I tried to find a socket for those nasty little star (looks like 8pt) bolts holding the clutch assembly to the flywheel....anybody got a size on those little boogers?

They look like a 8 or 10pt socket might work, but what size?

Don't tell me there's a special VW tool for them. 8-)