Sealed beam question

Okay, so I'm no rookie in the wild world of headlight harnesses, this would
be my seventh one, all worked fine except on this car. Let's pretend that
it's on a Scirocco with H1 inners, and sealed beam outers. It's really in
the white bitch called the Cabby.

Anyway, I had previously installed my very first harness into it (ex-16V),
and on the low beam setting it lit up three lights (which it never did on
the 16V). That harness was a POS, and it was also a fuse eater, so I knew
it wasn't worth figuring out the problem. So I built a new harness. Exactly
the same as the successful ones I've put in every other car. Light it
up...and three lights, the DS inner comes on with the lows. So it has to be
a ground thing, and I'm suspecting the DS sealed beam.
                                                                   _
So, if this is the light plug, viewed from the back of the lamp: l   1

 which is the ground? I'm getting continuity across any given pair, so I
suppose I'll need to put 12V to it to figure it out, unless someone knows
off the top. Just wondering if the pattern is different from the H4 prongs.

This is such a mean spirited car, it really needs an exorcism (otherwise
known as AC removal, I'm so sliced up from the pair of hand slicers behind
that grille.)
Cathy