Update: [NOT MINE!] '81 Scirocco In Tennessee

--- Peter <peter@thescirocco.com> wrote:

> Here's a pic:
> http://thescirocco.com/images/80TNScirocco.jpg
>
> 1981 MK1 Scirocco For Sale $1,000
> No Reasonable Cash Offer Refused!

I got in touch with the owner and got some more detail.
The car lived about 10 years in the Philadelphia area as a
DD, so unfortunately there is some rot started in the rear
axle mount & rocker areas.  It remains to be seen how bad
it really is.

Bottom line, he *has* to be rid of the car in the next
couple weeks.  He's had several people interested in the
car, but nobody is serious about getting the car out of
Memphis.  After our 3rd phone conversation, I made a deal
with him for the car last night.  I'll be making a jaunt to
Memphis in the next couple weeks to pick it up, and due to
the questionable rust issue, will be giving him
considerably less than the asking price.  If the rust issue
ends up not being too bad, I may see about getting it
fixed, as the rest of the car appears to be in pretty
decent shape.

Public thanks to Peter for passing along the info on the car!

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172