More VW stuff done today

I shuffled my schedule around and got a few more things done on the cars today.

The supergenius that screwed up my windshield came back with someone
to help him and new windshield. That went in relatively painlessly.
He didn't put the material that covers my A piller back on right I
will have to go and do that later, and it doesn't appear to have
seated correctly in one of the top corners.  I am going to find a dry
day (it's in the garage currently) and drive it a little vigorously to
see if it seats on it's own, if not I have one of those "fiber sticks"
that looks like a glorified white popcicle stick.

Oh yea he found out why the other one cracked.  There was a piece of
glass from the original windshield in the gasket and when he was
pushing it in place it cracked the glass.  Still boils down to his
fault.  $240 later I have a good piece of glass.

Also I found a PHATnoise system and my softsided luggage carrier for
the R32.  The phatnoises used to be like $800, but I got this one for
about $200.  (I know they had problems--I am waiting to get my Ipod
interface.)  It was new so I didn't complain.  Of course like alot of
the R32 it doesn't follow the Golf's layout and the installation
instructions were well... lacking.  I found the vortex thread on the
install I am not crazy about cutting the CD changer bay cover.  Not
sure what I am going to do for now.  I am thinking of having a pair of
subs installed--nevermind... hard-drives and vibration aren't a good
thing.  I was thinking of having them mount the amp and the phatnoise
directly to the box but that wouldn't last long.

I don't know...

I have it temporarily installed--the interface is a little clumsy
using the head unit.

Anyhow, the (black) soft luggage carrier looks goofy on a silver car
with silver roof racks.  It's just for the trip out to Seattle and
then all that crap is coming off.

I have to drive up to DC tommorow so hopefully no snow... if there is
I am screwed that isn't a valid excuse for not showing up.

--
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy
87 Scirocco 16v Tornado Red