From: David Brown [mailto:sharpshooter33@adelphia.net]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 3:27 PM
To: scirocco scirocco
Subject: Fuel resevoir and gas tank removal???

Ok I've got a leak looks like around the little plastic resevoir tank
sitting on top of the gas tank rail  over top the fuel pump.

I'm currently working on getting the fuel pump off then gonna see what I
need to get the resevoir out.

Anybody have any advice on how to get at the resevoir and if I have to drop
the tank?  Just looking at the layout the tank don't look easy.  I'm hoping
there is a way to get the resevoir out or fix the leak without it.
Bentley's doesn't cover it that I can tell.

Any help would be appreciated.  Also who designed these fuel line fittings?
I've used 7mm, 8mm, 14mm 15mm 17mm 18mm and 19mm so far.  You would think
they would be alittle more user friendly.

Also if while I'm in there is there anything I should go ahead and replace
while I'm there?

Thanks
Frustrated 86 16v owner. 8-)