Questions about Trailer hitches for S2

-----Original Message-----
From: Allyn [mailto:amalventano1@tds.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:29 PM
To: 'Neptuno'; 'Daun Yeagley'; 'Scirocco-L'
Subject: RE: Questions about Trailer hitches for S2

Idea:
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/d-cincy-2k%2B2/images/020605-161638-Z10.jpg
HTH
Al

What is that bolted to?

I installed a bolt-on hitch on an '84 1/2 Scirocco, and it was around $40 at
Wal-Mart.

The only hitches I've seen, are the ones that bolt to the bumper, and then
you are supposed to cut the rear bumper plastic, in order to be able to fit
the bumper cover, back on, but I just left it off.

You could also buy a Rabbit bumper, install the hitch on that, and then you
just swap rear bumpers.
Depending on how much, or often you plan on towing, you could just swap the
hitched bumper in when you need it.

Let me know, if you want a Rabbit bumper, since I have some, and I still owe
you something from that seat deal.

Thanks,
Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

Drive the GTI, and save the Scirocco!

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...