[8v] fuel help needed (metering valve?)

   driving my '85 home last night, i asked the gf if she'd had any
problems with it. about the time she said no, the car conked out and
died. after getting it towed home i found that it's apparently a fuel
issue. i can spray starting fluid in the intake and the car will briefly
start then die. i recently replaced the fuel filter, but both fuel to
and from it seem fine. i cracked three of the injector lines on top of
the metering valve but no extra fuel came out when the key was turned on
to run the pump. is my metering valve dead? please help as we've gone
from three to two to one car in the past two weeks. thanx.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com