G60 Engine questions

I am not sure if there is a difference in flow from the g60 head to the JH
head, but I do know that the PG head had sodium exhaust valves, which are
needed for decent boost.

As for fuel starvation.  I do believe you will run into problems running
the 68, even with the stage 3 chip. The stock injectors can handle a 68mm
no problem if they have more pressure.

Most companies require a fuel pressure reg upgrade when they install their
chips.

You will want to ensure you either crush your FPR to make it a 3.5 or buy
a 3.5 bar fpr (the better choice I think).

3.5 bar regs part numbers - Bosch  0 280 160 263,  Porche 944 110 198 03

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - Daily driver project,
'65 Ghia Coupe
95 Eurovan, etc, etc... :)

"Gordy Stedman" <ydrogs@gmail.com>
Mar 08, 2006 09:23 AM

Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
cc

Subject
G60 Engine questions

1) Is the 8V head from a PG block any different that a standard JH?

2) I am installing a 68mm lader pulley, removing the power stearing and AC
and have a BBM stage 3 chip.  Will I be starving the engine of fuel yet?
Will I need to get a bigger fuel pressure regulator or injectors?

The reason I am asking is because a local guy has a 8V head off a G60 with
30# injectors with a BBM fuel rail he wants to sell for $250.  I would
like
to get the injectors ($280 new from BBM) and the fuel rail if I will
*need*them or they will provide better performance.  Fuel rail just
looks cool
(suppose to keep the fuel cooler also, kind of skeptical) vs. the stock
plastic one.  But if the head is the same as a regular JH I do not see any
advantage to getting it since I have 3 or more of them already.  Thanks
for
any help.

--
Gordy