Relay tail lights?

> I just saw this book today.  Looks like a lot of fun.  Especially adding a
> computer motherboard in the car, or the GPS mouse.  I think I'll have to go
> back and pick it up.

I've read through most of it and can't wait to get some of them going.
 My dream for years has been to put a computer in the car.  I started
putting one into my BMW in high school - got most of the parts, but at
the time the LCD panels I needed were much harder to find and I had to
give it up.  I am kind of toying with the idea of a Mac Mini in the
VW.  It's beautifully small, and stylish at that.  It'd practically
fit in a standard DIN slot, so it'd be really easy to make it work.  I
am a programmer, too, so being able to write utilities up in
AppleScript to do all the 'car' kind of things would be a snap.  The
only hold up is that it's not as compatible with engine management
type stuff that I might want to run.

But yea, cool book.  I like that it's really recent, too ((C) 2006),
so it's all up to date technology and where it lists companies and
brands I can be sure they're still around.  And it's published by
McGraw Hill so it's practically a textbook.

-Grant-